Protecting God’s Children
Jesus, Our Risen Savior Catholic Church is committed to protecting children and adults from harm. Our safe environment program is in place to help prevent sexual abuse within our community and to help heal the wounds of past victims.
Under the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People, all employees and those volunteers with access to children must complete a course in prevention education.
The training program the Diocese of Charleston chooses to use is VIRTUS. Training sessions are made available in your area by trained facilitators who volunteer their time for the Diocese of Charleston. To register for a session near you please follow the directions below.
- Go to virtus.org
- Click on the “Registration” tab on the left column
- Select the Diocese of Charleston, SC from the drop-down menu
- Complete your registration information and check the box next to the training session you wish to attend
- Click “Submit Registration” You will get a message on-screen confirming your registration
- Attend the session you have chosen. Be sure to sign the sign-in sheet at this session. This confirms your attendance and will be verified by The Office of Child Protection Services before approving your status through VIRTUS
**Please note, you may attend a session of your choosing unless that session fills to capacity. You do not necessarily need to attend a session held at the same parish/school where you are employed or volunteer.**
For more information of the training schedule, please contact Ms Beth Gross at Tel. 576-1164 Ext. 110 or Email Ms Beth.
Diocese of Charleston Child Protection Services